ESP Design Listening & Presentation Skills I
In this course students develop skills in listening, giving presentations, and strategies for note-taking during presentations.
Students learn to spontaneously express ideas and ask questions with confidence. This class will focus on strengthening familiarity with formal presentations and informal presentation skills and language use in US classrooms. American English pronunciation in particular is emphasized. This class will also focus on practicing and listening for persuasion, negotiation, and impromptu discussions.
- Listening for main ideas, details, opinions, and tone
- Understanding sarcasm and cynicism
- American style presentation skills and pronunciation
- Describing projects and processes
- Sharing ideas and opinions
- Identifying language cues
- Confirming information and clarifying concepts
- Politely agreeing, disagreeing, and interjecting