Intro to Product Design 2
This course builds on learning’s from Introduction of Product Design 1.
The objective is to create a foundation of knowledge and skill for three-dimensional design. At the end of this course, students should be able to explore, create, and communicate design directions for simple products and environments taking into account design principles, human factors, technology, and business issues.
To give students the ability to successfully work on design problems: framing opportunity areas, identifying user issues, working within constraints, prototyping throughout the design process and presenting their solutions through many forms of visualization all while developing a sensitivity to the importance of craft in design.
Students should be able to:
- frame a product deign problem
- create multiple credible concepts
- present through reasoned explanation their product solution
- use many prototyping techniques to develop and express their thinking
- understand and utilize the design process
- critique work through a vocabulary of design
- gain experience with a wide range of product design constraints