80th Anniversary Gala
Join us in celebrating the 80th Anniversary of the Institute of Design, a Chicago institution founded as the New Bauhaus and internationally recognized as a pioneer in design practice today.
Then Now Next will include:
- An event hosted at Chez, a site with a rich and compelling history and an early home of the school
- A gallery-style exhibition showcasing ID’s contributions to the field of design
- A sneak preview of the feature-length documentary New Bauhaus
- Keynote remarks by Dean Denis Weil on ID’s crucial role in shaping the future of design and Chicago
- Heavy appetizers, an open bar, and music
Creative cocktail attire encouraged.
Dean Denis Weil (MDes 2001), Kathleen Brandenburg (MDes 1998), Chris Finlay (MDes + MBA 2008) Bill Hill (Board Member), Dan Kuruna (MDes 1995), Judd Morgenstern (MDes + MBA 2009), Ilya Prokopoff (BS DSN 1990), Brianna Sylver (MDes 2003), Brandon Schauer (MDes + MBA 2005), and Gary Van Dis (BS DSN 1976)